Re: scriptconfig redux

On Tue, 19 Oct 1999, Alan F Cunningham wrote:

> Robb-
> I'm trying to install ldm 5.0.8 from the binaries, and am having the same
> problem with "running .cshrc" when configuring ldmprods, ldmdmin etc...
> I've tried running $ sh scriptconfig, but still get the errors.  How do I
> get scriptconfiog to run all the way in sh and not go back out to csh?

Alan,

I don't understand how this can be, but you can do the substitutions by
hand.  It will only take 5 minutes. The idea is to replace placeholders
"@PERL@" with the real location of perl, @LDMHOME@ with ldm home, and
@HOSTNAME@ with the ldm host. So do greps, ie

wcfields.unidata.ucar.edu.rkambic> grep PERL *in
ldmadmin.in:#!@PERL@
ldmadmin.in:$perl = "@PERL@";
ldmfail.in:#!@PERL@
ldmprods.in:#!@PERL@
netcheck.in:#!@PERL@
syscheck.in:#!@PERL@

so in the above files do the replacements, likewise for the others vars.
Then copy the .in files to file without the .in,  ie

% cp ldmadmin.in ldmadmin

Make sure the files are executable. That's it.

>  Is it possible for you to talk me through this?  I've got the DAS
> running, but I did'nt think that LDM needed to be installed on the DAS.

Good, but I would install a full LDM on the DAS machine.

Robb...