Re: 19991021: Custom data feedtypes for LDM (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1999 15:57:50 -0500
From: Jessica Thomale <address@hidden>
To: Robb Kambic <address@hidden>
Subject: Re: 19991021: Custom data feedtypes for LDM

Robb,

Thanks for the info.  Unfortunately, none of these options is very suitable
(see below).

We are planning to modify the ldm.h and ldm.x file to add the feedtype, so
that we can restrict data from the feeder machines.

Jessica Thomale
address@hidden

> - only have the data the you want to distribute to outside machines on the
> feeder machine.  The can be done with pattern in the request line in the
> ldmd.conf file.

I do not have control over the outside machines.  We are trying to restrict
the outside machines from getting the data from the feeder machine.  The
request statement would be on the outside machine side -- not on the feeder
side.

> - use the allow on the downstream nodes.
>
> - seperate the data into the EXP and SPARE feedtypes then only have an
> allow for one of them to the downstream sites.

Unfortunately, allow only restricts by free type -- not with a pattern.
I need more than two feed types ... like 3 - 5.