19991101: FYI...data stream problem at Oswego solved (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 01 Nov 1999 09:18:00 -0700
From: Unidata Support <address@hidden>
To: address@hidden
Subject: 19991101: FYI...data stream problem at Oswego solved

------- Forwarded Message

>To: address@hidden
>From: ldm <address@hidden>
>Subject: Data stream problem at Oswego solved

Support:
   I found the problem with the IDD at Oswego.  The Linux box that I am
running the LDM on (under RedHat5.2) did not set the time to EST.  The
machine was still one hour ahead of the rest of the eastern time zone.
After I set the clock back (using the date command), the data started
coming in as normal.  Sorry for the false alarm.
   Bob Ballentine

>From address@hidden  Sun Oct 31 23:20:53 1999
        by unidata.ucar.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id XAA16492
        for <address@hidden>; Sun, 31 Oct 1999 23:20:53 -0700 (MST)
        by met-05.oswego.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) id CAA01508
        for address@hidden; Mon, 1 Nov 1999 02:22:17 -0500
From: ldm <address@hidden>
Subject: No data stream at Oswego
To: address@hidden
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 1999 02:22:17 -0500 (EST)

Support
  I have been unable to get any data from the IDD since early Sunday (1 Nov)
evening.  My primary feed is redwood.atmos.albany.edu to which I have very
good connectivity (judging from pings).  I've tried to failover to Cornell,
Brockport, and Rutgers with no success. This is the first time in months
that I have been unable to get data.  Is there a problem upstream?
  I keep getting hundreds of 'RECLASS ... TS_ENDT' and 'skipped' messages in
my ldmd.log file.  If this continues Monday morning, our students will have
no access to weather data.
  Please help.
  Bob Ballentine

------- End of Forwarded Message