Re: SBN Data Feed

On 18 Nov 1999, Ken Waters wrote:

>      Hi, Robb!
>
>      I seem to recall that you said you were intercepting the SBN text feed
>      and ingesting it into your LDM.  Is that a correct statement?  If so,

Ken,

Sorry about the delay in the response, pressing issues.  UPC uses a SSEC
system that get the NOAAport ( AWIPS ) feed and it puts it into an LDM
queue. The LDM then distributes it to many IDD sites. The SSEC system only
gets channel 3, both the text and the binary products. We filter out the
encrypted radar images.

URL at SSEC:

http://www.nws.noaa.gov/noaaport/html/manu_lst.shtml

I believe the contact is Denise Laitsch

>      can you please give me the details?  We are thinking about doing the
>      same thing from our NRS machine.  We are intercepting everything off
>      of AWIPS, but we keep getting new builds that wipe out our
>      configuration and so we thought it might be a better solution to just
>      yank it off from the NRS machine.

The system works good, it has to have an exception file to put
some products in the binary stream that have a text like header. It's
pretty low maintenance,  maybe an update once a year. Probably less
updates in the future.

Robb...

  Anyway, please let me know how you