Re: LDM 5.0.8 and pqing segmentation fault.

On Fri, 3 Dec 1999, Michael W Dross wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I upgraded to LDM 5.0.8 and have run into a problem. It is occuring on both
> Linux Red Hat and AIX 4.3 so I think it is a bug.  When
> using pqing and specifing -P (port )  it gives me segmentation fault.  Here is
> my command.
>
> pqing -f DDPLUS -P 5000  noaaport1
>
> This worked fine under 5.0.1 but segmentation faults now.  If I just type
> pqing
> -P 5000  it will segmentation fault.
>
> Has anyone else encountered this?  If so is there a fix?

Mike,

Currently a define flag needs to be set in the LDM compile for the P
option to be available. This can be done by:

% setenv CC "cc -DNET"

Then build the LDM from a clean distribution or one will get old
configuration type problems.

I noticed in the man page for pqing that the P option was no longer
available. I don't know what this means, it appears the code is still
included in pqing.c but does it work?

Robb...