Re: Re[2]: 19991129: local0 facility

Phil,

In the src/ulog directory there is a README for the details.

Do the following, you said that you are using local4 right?
Test with the following csh script:

% foreach level (err warning notice info)
? echo $level | logger -i -t test -p local4.$level
? end

Your logfile should have some lines sortof like this:
Jul 24 02:49:28 zeppo test[26767]: err
Jul 24 02:49:28 zeppo test[26769]: warning
Jul 24 02:49:28 zeppo test[26771]: notice
Jul 24 02:49:28 zeppo test[26773]: info

The log file must exist before syslog will write to it. A touch command on
the ldmd.log file,  also make sure the permission are correct. Also, after
changes are made to /etc/syslog.conf a HUP signal is needed for syslog to
reread the file.  Also check that the syslogd is running.

If logger writes to the ldmd.log file, try a LDM compile with environment
var CC set as:

% setenv CC 'cc -DLOG_LDM=LOG_LOCAL4'

You need to do a recompile starting with a clean distribution so the old
configurations are not used.

Robb...