20000120: next step?

>From: Anthony Rockwood - MSCD Meteorology <address@hidden>

Tony-

>I've got my connection to cirrus re-established, so I need some advice on
>what to do next to get McIDAS and GARP running again.  I didn't want to
>send this to Support seeing as we had talked about it on Tue and you have
>some familiarity with the situation.  If it is more appropriate for
>someone else, could you refer me to them?

I was out yesterday.   I just looked at your system and the problem
is that pqact is not running.  The cause is an error in pqact.conf.
Someone edited this file on December 17.  If you run "ldmadmin pqactcheck"
you'll see that there is an error on line 959:

ldmadmin pqactcheck
Jan 21 16:05:56 pqact[22841]: feedtype error at line 959: unknown feed name in
feedtype expression: "PIPE"

If you edit pqact.conf, you'll see that the bad section is:

# ACARS data
#PCWS   ^FSL\.NetCDF\.ACARS\.QC
        PIPE    -close  dcacars -l data/gempak/logs/dcacars.log -b 30
        -e GEMTBL=/usr/local/gempak/NAWIPS-5.4/gempak5.4/tables
        /export/data/ldm/gempak/acars/YYYYMMDDHHNN_acars.gem

The problem is that the first line is still commented out.  It should
be:

# ACARS data
PCWS   ^FSL\.NetCDF\.ACARS\.QC
        PIPE    -close  dcacars -l data/gempak/logs/dcacars.log -b 30
        -e GEMTBL=/usr/local/gempak/NAWIPS-5.4/gempak5.4/tables
        /export/data/ldm/gempak/acars/YYYYMMDDHHNN_acars.gem

Make this change, and run "ldmadmin pqactcheck" to make sure there are
no other errors.  If not, stop and restart the ldm.  Then you should
start seeing data filed and decoded again.

Then, we can see what turns up next.

Don
address@hidden                        P.O. Box 3000
Unidata WWW Server               http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/