Re: 19991216: Data feed (fwd)

> Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 14:53:30 -0600 (EST)
> From: Samir Mehta <address@hidden>
> To: Robb Kambic <address@hidden>
> Cc: support-ldm <address@hidden>
> Subject: Re: 19991216: Data feed
>
> Robb...
>
> This is in referance to our e-mail communication in mid-December about
> Data feed. I know you logged in to our machine and created the
> pqsurfqueue, I am not sure whethere if I need to create such queue every
> time. The reason I am asking because that was the last data feed I got
> when you logged in on Dec 21st. After that I never got any data. Is there
> something I have not put in cron-job?
>
> here is cron-jobs I have....
>
> 0,20,40  *  *  *  *  bin/ldmfail -p "mammatus.plymouth.edu" -f
> "cyclone.geos.nlu.edu"
> 35 *  *  *  *  bin/ldmadmin dostats
> 0  0  *  *  *  bin/ldmadmin newlog
> 0  1,4,7,10,13,16,19,22  *  *  *  bin/ldmadmin scour
>
> Please suggest me, we don't have full time ldm manager here on our site.
>
> Samir
>
> On Tue, 21 Dec 1999, Robb Kambic wrote:
>
> > Samir,
> >
> > I login and found out that you didn't create the pqsurfqueue so it was
> > causing the LDM to exit. I created the pqsurfqueue and etc/pqsurf.conf
> > file. It's just an example. You should read man pages on pqsurf, the are
> > on the LDM web page if you didn't install them.  I started the LDM, it
> > running and receiving data now. You might review the 2nd day of the LDM
> > workshop on the LDM web page about making pqact entries.
> >

> > Robb...

Hi Samir,

I'm not Robb, I'm Anne.  I am learning to provide ldm support, and you're my
first
victim!  I'll give this my best shot, and we'll go to Robb if we don't figure
out
the solution soon.

First, I suggest you take a look at
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/ldm/ws/ldm_trouble-pr.html

These pages give you troubleshooting approaches.

First, do you have log files to look at?  These should be found in the ~ldm/log
directory.

Are you sure the ldm is running?  Try running 'ldmadmin ps' - among other
things,
you should see several rpc.ldmd processes running.  You can also try 'ldmadmin
watch' to see products arriving.  (The ldmadmin command and other ldm commands
should be in ~ldm/bin.)

If these all seem ok, try 'ping'ing your upstream feed to make sure it's alive:
  'ldmping -i 5 -h <YourUpstreamHost>'
You should get back messages that say, among other things, 'RESPONDING'

Also, check that the entries in your ldmd.conf file are correct.

Give these a try, and let us know the results.

Anne

address@hidden                  P.O. Box 3000
(303) 497-8677                    Boulder, CO  80307