Re: strange problem with file system full

To those having this 'file system full' problem,

We're not sure what is causing this problem.   If Tom's speculation about the
McIDAS log files is correct please let us know.

Otherwise you can help us address this by monitoring your system and letting us
know when it occurs.  At that time, if we can get a login, we will log on and
take
a look.

To monitor your system we suggest the following:

- Check your system log files for error messages.

- Check your ldmd.log file for error messages, particularly from scour.

- Check your disk usage both before and after the following to ensure that the
usage after the operation is close to what it should be:
    a) making the queue
    b) running scour

The scour code hasn't changed for many years.  Still, although there's nothing
different in the code per se, it could perform incorrectly in some new or
different environment.

Other information that might help us:

- Bill Corcoran reported that it seems to be related to whether or not user
'ldm'
is logged in.  Check to see if this is the case.  If so, how long has 'ldm' been
logged in?

- How long has your LDM been running before this occurred?

Any other information that you think is useful would be appreciated.   Thank you
for your assistance.

Anne

address@hidden                  P.O. Box 3000
                                  Boulder, CO  80307