Re: 20000418: Problem with pqing

> >To: address@hidden
> >From: James Hayes <address@hidden>
> >Subject: Problem with pqing
>
> Hi,
>
> I appear to be having a problem with pqing.  I have seen a similar problem
> mentioned in the ldm support, but I didn't see a definitive answer to the
> problem.
>
> I am running LDM 5.0.9 on a LINUX machine that is ingesting data from an HP
> machine running LDM 5.0.8.  Text products (AFOS like products) are being
> introduced in the LDM data stream using pqinsert on the HP machine, and the
> text
> products are being ingested on the LINUX machine.   The data is coming into
> the
> LINUX machine successfully, and pqact is correctly redirecting the text
> products.
>
> I am attempting to queue the text products ingested on the LINUX machine so
> that
> they can be processed by decoders.   I've set the ldmd.conf on the LINUX
> machine
> to start pqing as follows
>
> exec    "/usr/local/ldm/ldm-5.0.9/bin/pqing -v -l
> /usr/local/ldm/logs/pqing.log
> -f AFOS -P 388"
>
> When I try to run pqing to look for products coming across the  HP LDM feed, I
> get the following error:
>
> Segmentation fault
>
> I tried compiling the LDM again from source using cc -DNET, to no avail.
>
> Any suggestions as to what may be going on?
>
> Jim Hayes
> National Weather Service
> Gray ME

Hi Jim,

First, let me describe to you what some terms mean to us here at UPC.

We use "ingest" to describe inserting a product into the entire IDD.  A product
should only be ingested once.  It is then passed throughout the IDD.  We use the
term "feed" to describe sending an ingested product to from one site to another
site.

Basically, there are two ways to ingest products.  You can use pqing, which
ingests
a stream of products into the product queue, or you can use pqinsert (like you
are)
to ingest products on a per product basis rather than as a stream.

Your message makes it sound like you want to ingest new text products, using
pqinsert, on your HP machine and feed them to your Linux machine where you want
feed them into a decoder.  Is that right?

If so, there is no reason to have pqing running on your Linux box.  The actual
transfer of products is achieved by the ALLOW and REQUEST lines in the ldmd.conf
files on the HP and Linux boxes, respectively.   Plus, you need the appropriate
entry in the pqact.conf file to actually feed the product to the decoder.

If you have these entries in the appropriate files already (it sounds like you
do,
since you say the products are being redirected correctly), perhaps all you
need to
do is remove the 'exec pqing' entry from your ldmd.conf file.

Anne

address@hidden                  P.O. Box 3000
                                  Boulder, CO  80307