Re: 20000515: two rpc.ldmd processes (fwd)

> Date: Mon, 15 May 2000 08:57:01 -0600
> From: Unidata Support <address@hidden>
> To: address@hidden
> Subject: 20000515: two rpc.ldmd processes
>
> >To: address@hidden
> >From: address@hidden
> >Subject: two rpc.ldmd processes
>
> When I bring up ldm, I get two rpc.ldmd processes (I do have a request line
> in my ldmd.conf) and when I try to stop ldm, it doesn't kill either one of
> the rpc.ldmd processes.
>
> Is it normal to have two rpc.ldmd running and could this cause duplicates?
>
> Alan.
>
>         ****** Signature Tag ******
>
>         National Climatic Data Center

Hi Alan,

In fact, you *should* have multiple rpc.ldmd processes.  One is created for each
receiving feed, and one is created for each sending feed, plus there's a parent
rpc.ldmd that spawns them.  No, this will not cause duplicates.

However, they should all die when you execute 'ldmadmin stop'.  Is this the
command you are using to kill the LDM?

Anne

address@hidden                  P.O. Box 3000
                                  Boulder, CO  80307