Re: troubles stopping ldm with ldmadmin on linux (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 17 May 2000 15:15:23 -0600 (MDT)
From: D. J. Raymond <address@hidden>
To: address@hidden
Subject: Re: troubles stopping ldm with ldmadmin on linux

I also see this on my Debian Linux box.  I suspect that the processes
 won't die until some crucial I/O is done -- probably a good thing!
 Why it takes longer on Linux than on Solaris, I do not know.  Maybe
 it is a matter of writing stuff from virtual memory to disk, which
 could take a long time if, say, 50 MB or so of the product queue were
 memory mapped.  The time to die is quite variable -- if the ldm has
 just been started, the processes die quickly, but if it has been
 running for a while, they take longer.

Dave Raymond

--text follows this line--