Re: troubles stopping ldm with ldmadmin on linux (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 17 May 2000 21:47:48 -0400
From: Jim Koermer <address@hidden>
To: Doug Hunt <address@hidden>
Subject: Re: troubles stopping ldm with ldmadmin on linux

Doug,

Unless this is something unique to linux, I'm not sure that this
behavior is all that unusual. I've noticed it for quite some time on
FreeBSD and AIX systems running LDM. Usually this occurs during the
ingestion of a large McIDAS area file that may take some time to
download completely. I assume that this could also happen with some of
the larger grib files. You can check this by looking at the file sizes
after doing the "ldmadmin stop". After the file in question completely
downloads, the associated rpc.ldmd process will end. I've noticed that
if a large (~25MB) file just started downloading after the stop, it can
take several minutes for it to complete.

--
James P. Koermer             E-Mail: address@hidden
Professor of Meteorology     Office Phone: (603)535-2574