Re: Enterprise 250 (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2000 21:44:35 +0000 (GMT)
From: David J. Knight <address@hidden>
To: address@hidden
Subject: Re: Enterprise 250

Robert,
     We have a dual cpu E250, but do not run the ldm on it.
Based on comparisons between the performance of our
current ldm machine and the E250, I expect you'll
be very happy with the performance of the E250.
Of course the answer to this depends in part (mostly) on
how busy your web server is, and how many gempak/mcidas
processes you want running. We currently have
web serving, ldm, and web graphics generation
done on three old sparc 10/20/1000 class machines.
Right now none of these machines is overloaded.
One cpu of the E250 can do more than these three
old machines combined. I don't think you'll have
a problem. If you want to run ldm, web server, web graphics
generation, *and* additional gempak/mcidas processes on the
side you'd probably be happier with the 2 cpu machine.
(but I guess we'd all be happier with more cpu and memory ;-)
David