20000725: 20000725: LDM dying

>From: Gilbert Sebenste <address@hidden>

>On Tue, 25 Jul 2000, Unidata Support wrote:
>

>> Gilbert,
>>
>> The assertion failed log message:
>> Jul 24 04:09:33 kamin pqexpire[25048]: assertion "status != 0" failed: file
> "pq.c", line 3993
>>
>> indicates that your queue is likely corrupt. Have you remade the queue befor
> e restarting?
>>
>> Steve Chiswell
>
>Yes, he does. But after 12-36 hours, it dies again with the same message.

> *
>Gilbert Sebenste                                                     ********
>Internet: address@hidden    (My opinions only!)                     ******
>Staff Meteorologist, Northern Illinois University                      ****
>E-mail: address@hidden                                 ***
>web: http://weather.admin.niu.edu                                      **
>Work phone: 815-753-5492                                                *
> *

Gilbert,
In the logs you sent, the assertion was thrown by pqexpire. Is this always the
case, or does it sometimes come from pqact or ldmd etc. Does the error generally
occur during the same time of day- or do you run any type of disk
defragmentation that might move part of the memory mapped data queue?

I'm throwing out things to check. Maybe Anne has more experience with Linux.

Steve Chiswell