Re: SAUS4* headers not being processed

Gilbert,

> > Do you mean the problem with breaking apart METARs sent under the
> > SAUS4* headers that you're seeing with 5.1.2beta was also a problem
> > with LDM 5.0.9?  I guess I didn't know about that problem, but I'd be
> > happy to hear we haven't introduced a new problem that wasn't in
> > 5.0.9.  I'm not very familiar with pqsurf, so maybe I misunderstood or
> > was unaware of an existing problem that the new release was supposed
> > to fix.  Maybe Robb knows something more about this.  If not, I'll
> > need an explicit description of the problem so I can duplicate it here.
>
> No. In 5.011, the code was rewritten to accept these
> products...previously, they were rejected because they were test
> METARs. So, they should be coming through and I should be seeing them.
> Unless my software is wigging out. I'm trying to verify that now.

OK, thanks, now I'm in context.  I just checked and version 5.1.2beta
incorporates the 5.0.11 changes that were made to pqing and pqsurf.  I
hadn't been involved with those changes, so wasn't aware of them, nut
I should have noticed the description in the RELEASE_NOTES about

    Mods to wmo_header.(c|h), surf_split.c and pqsurf.c to handle
    FXUS4* type metars

and connected that with your original problem report.  As far as I
know, none of the other changes made in 5.1.2beta should have
interacted in any way to counteract the 5.0.11 fixes, but if we have a
specific test for the 5.0.11 fixes, I'll run that.

--Russ