     Subject: Re: pqing.c: added -5 option
        Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2000 09:45:32 -0600
        From: Anne Wilson <address@hidden>
          To: address@hidden
          CC: address@hidden,
              address@hidden

address@hidden wrote:

> Is there a way to take advantage of the
> "pqing.c: added -5 option", when
> using the request in ldmd.conf?

> Our external data enters the LDMs WSI's
> das_pqsend, and is automatically
> received by the LDM, so pqing is not called.
>
> The result is the inability to recognize
> duplicate bulletins that arrive
> in different headers.
>
> Or do we just have the fundamentals wrong?

Hi Stephen,

I'm afraid the -5 option won't help you.  First,
it only applies to pqing, thus it can only be
applied when the product is first ingested into
the IDD, not when it is received by your LDM.
Second, that option was added so that products
that differ only by sequence number could be
recognized as duplicates.   It simply skips the
first few bytes that contain the sequence number
in calculating the signature.   It does not
consider any other information within the product.

Anne

> #####
> # $Id: ldmd.conf,v 1.7 1995/11/08 15:39:54 mitch
> Exp $
> # Sample ldmd.conf for ldm5
> ####
>
> #
> # Programs that share a queue with rpc.ldmd
> # are started by it and are in the same process
> group.
> #
>
> #exec   "pqexpire"
> exec    "pqbinstats -l logs/pqcontents.log -d
> /OPS/Data/logs"
> exec    "pqact -l logs/nwx_pqact.log
> etc/nwx.conf"
> exec    "pqact -l logs/gempak_pqact.log
> etc/gempak.conf"
> exec   "pqact -l logs/nexrad_pqact.log
> etc/nexrad.conf"
> exec   "pqact -l logs/nowrad_pqact.log
> etc/nowrad.conf"
> #exec   "pqsurf -d /Apps/LDM -l
> /Data/logs/pqsurf.pq -q data/ldm.pq"
> # LDM5 servers we ask for data
> #
> #       request <feedset> <pattern> <hostname
> pattern>
> #
>
> request ANY ".*" pelmops2.pelmorex.pelmorex.com
>
> Stephen Sinnis | Tell:905.566.9511x379
> Pelmorex Inc    | Cell:416.409.1141

address@hidden                  P.O. Box 3000
                                  Boulder, CO  80307