Re: 20000831: Firewall and LDM

On Thu, 31 Aug 2000, Unidata Support wrote:

> [...]

Dan,

It depends on the firewall setup. Some setups can configure which hosts
have access, type of protocol, ie TCP , and others.  Sometimes rpcbind
needs to be open even though the LDM is running on port 388.  If the LDM
is not running on port 388 then the remote LDM is not going to find the
LDM, ie SVC_UNAVAIL.  Probably the best bet would be to contact the person
who installed the firewall.

Robb...

It appears I'm currently blocked off