20000907: new LDM and RECLASS

>From: weather <address@hidden>

>I am losing model data today (RECLASS statements..data over 3600 seconds
>old).  I am running ldm-5.1.2 and I thought that if I made my queue
>big enough (350MB) that I would be able to keep this data thta
>is past the latency limit.  Is this not the case?
>
>Thanks,
>Robert Mullenax

Robert,

If you aren't running pqexpire, you will keep data older than 3600s until
the space is needed.

You will still reclass on receipt of data older than 3600s unless you
tell rpc.ldmd to request and accept this data - this is independent of
how long you keep that data in your queue.

In your ~ldm/bin/ldmadmin script, you can add the -m offtime to the
rpc.ldmd command line which is built. For instance, adding "rpc.ldmd -m 7200"
will request data up to 2 hours old from your upstream, and your ldm will
reclass when you fall behind that time. This still relies on how big
the upstream queue is- and how long they keep the data of course.

Steve Chiswell