Re: 20000913: Multiple feed types, dupilicate data, and downstreamclients

On Wed, 13 Sep 2000, Steven Danz wrote:

> Thanks for the info.  I sorta expected the answer, but I wanted to
> be sure I wasn't missing something.
>
> Now for the other part of the problem.... The WMO and FSL5
> feedtypes overlap, and the non-overlapping part of the FSL5 feed can't
> be sent downstream for various reasons.  So, the downstream client isn't
> allowed FSL5, but they want the WMO part (since any 'early' FSL5
> product will cause the WMO product to be thrown out as a dup).  It
> sounds like I'm stuck either taking out the FSL5 feed from the intermediate
> server, or somehow allowing FSL5 to be shipped downstream since
> ldmd.conf doesn't have the ability to restrict products being sent
> downstream... True?

Steve,

If you have control of the intermediate server, it could only request the
subset of the FSL5 products ( WMO type products ) from the FSL5 server.
Therefore the downstream site could receive WMO|FSL5 from the
intermediate server and only get the subset of products equal to the WMO.
If you have other machines that need the overlap products they could
obtain them directly from the FSL5 server. That's a solution, don't know
if it will work for you.

Robb...