Re: sunset is back, feel free to switch back from profhorn

On Mon, 25 Sep 2000, Russ Rew wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Thanks to Pete Pokrandt for identifying an alignment bug in the LDM
> 5.1.2 pqcreate program that results in a bus error.  The bug seems to
> occur under the following circumstances:
>
>  - SGI/IRIX 32-bit platform (things seems to work fine on 64-bit IRIX
>    platforms when compiled with -64 flag),
>
>  - LDM 5.1.2 (things seem to work fine with LDM 5.1.2beta3), and
>
>  - some combinations of values of queue size and number of products.
>
> Until we come up with a fix, the (admittedly klunky) workaround is to
> try a few different values of number of products with "-S" option to
> pqcreate until you find one that works with the queue size you have
> specified, or if you are using "ldmadmin mkqueue" to try slightly
> different queue sizes with "-s".

Russ,

The -s flag was deprecated because users were having problems remembering
the size of the queue. The queue size is specified in the ldmadmin script.
I guess the main problem was more than one LDM adminstrator at a site
making the queue. This instance came up in some support questions.

/local/ldm% ldmadmin mkqueue -s 33333
Sep 26 13:15:39 UTC zero.unidata.ucar.edu : product queue -s flag not
supported,
 no action taken.

At this point, I would not send another message to ldm-users unless we get
some support questions about this problem. It's up to you.

Robb...