20001010: CCNY data reception (cont.)

>From: Edward Hindman <address@hidden>

Ward,

>I have the sequence of commands to restart the LDM given by our last sys.
>admin. last spring.  I do not have the sequence of commands to recreate
>the data queue, though.  Would you please be so kind and e-mail me that
>list so I can follow your instructions.

I saw this message and decided to take a quick look at halo.  I saw
that your LDM queue size  was pretty small given the amount of data
that you are attempting to ingest.  I then took the liberty of:

o deleting your queue:

  ldmadmin delqueue

o editing ~ldm/bin/ldmadmin (a script) and changing the default queue
  size from 100MB to 200MB

o making a new queue:

  ldmadmin mkqueue

o restarting your LDM:

  ldmadmin start

When I logged off of halo, the LDM was once again running.  Things should
be pretty jammed up for awhile since the entire last hour's worth of data
is requested from the upstream feed site when the queue is deleted and
remade.

>Thank you!

Please let us know how things are working.

Tom Yoksas