Re: multi processes

Chuck Myers wrote:

> I was searching through your ldm archives and found a reference that the
> portmapper should
> start at run level 3. Ours fires off at run level 2.  I'm assuming that it
> just needs to be up before
> LDM runs.
>
> cm

Thanks, Chuck.  You're right - all that matters is that the portmapper be
running before the LDM is started.  What processes are invoked at each run
level is system dependent.  (I understand in Linux, for example, you can
configure a variety of run levels easily.)  The archives should be corrected
(as I'm doing with this response) to say that the run level doesn't matter as
long as the portmapper is up before the LDM starts.

Thank you for pointing this out!

Have you been able to reign in all those LDM processes?

Anne
                                  Boulder, CO  80307