Re: 20001029: LDM 5.1.2 on solarisx86 not letting products out of queue

Tom,

I made the change on shemp in /local/ldm/ldm-5.1.2-x/src/pq/pq.c to
print out the feedtype and product ID for conflicting products when
pq_del_oldest() finds it can't delete the oldest product in the queue
becasue some other process has a lock on it.  This compiles OK, but I
haven't tested it.  It's difficult to create the conditions under
which it would be invoked without some more thought.  And I don't want
to introduce a buggy pq.c into shemp's LDM just before your workshop.

But if you think this would help understand what's going on, it just
requires rebuild shemp's LDM and changing the runtime link to
ldm-5.1.2-x instead of ldm-5.1.2.

--Russ

P.S.  Oops, I just noticed that in trying to rebuild the LDM under
/local/ldm/ldm-5.1.2-x/ the "make all" worked OK, but a "make install"
didn't just update the /local/ldm/ldm-5.1.2-x/bin/ directory, it
changed what was in /local/ldm/ldm-5.1.2/bin/, the running LDM.  (I
forgot to reset $LDMHOME or rerun the configure script.)  This
probably hosed some running executables and the LDM will probably have
to be restarted.  Sorry about that ...  If you haven't fixed it, I'll
try to restart it soon.