Re: 20001030: LDM startup problems

Brendon Hoch wrote:

> Anne,
>
> >The main problem looks to be that snow is not configured to feed you data.
> >I just went
> >to talk with Jeff Weber about this, but he is out today.  Did you get snow
> >as your feed
> >through Jeff?
>
> Yes, please see the email correspondence below
>
> >Also, do you really want to run pqsurf?  If not, you can just comment out
> >the "exec
> >pqsurf" line in your ldmd.conf file, and that will eliminate the problem
> >that pqsurf
> >can't find it's configuration file.
>
> No, I don't really need to run pqsurf yet.  I was using the default
> ldmd.conf file that comes with the binary dist.  Commenting out should
> not be a problem.
>
> Thanks,
> Brendon
>
> Anne
>
> Subject:
>          IDD Feed Site Request (fwd)
>      Date:
>          Fri, 13 Oct 2000 10:12:02 -0600 (MDT)
>      From:
>          Jeff Weber <address@hidden>
>       To:
>          Brendon Hoch <address@hidden>
>       CC:
>          address@hidden, address@hidden,
> address@hidden
>
> Brendon Art and Bill,
>
> Art and Bill,
>
> Lamont Doherty is a new site for the LDM and IDD.
> I was hoping that his primary feed could come from Cornell.
> Bill, is this OK with you?
>
> I was also hoping to set-up his failover site as well and would like to
> do
> that from Penn State.
> Art, is this OK with you?
>
> I look forward to the association with Lamont Doherty and feel they will
> be a great benefit to our community.
>
> The connect to Cornell looks quite good as does Penn State.
>
> I suggest a primary feed from Cornell with Penn State as your failover,
> if
> those parties can accomodate.
>
> Thanks all for your efforts,
>
> Brendons machine and site info is below....
>
> -Jeff

>       Re: IDD Feed Site Request (fwd)
>   Date:
>       Fri, 13 Oct 2000 12:53:38 -0400 (EDT)
>   From:
>       "Arthur A. Person" <address@hidden>
>    To:
>       Jeff Weber <address@hidden>
>    CC:
>       Brendon Hoch <address@hidden>,
> address@hidden, address@hidden
>
> Jeff, Brendon, et. al.,
>
> Failover connection to navierldm.meteo.psu.edu is fine here.  It's all
> set
> up to go.
>
>                                 Art.
> ubject:
>       Re: IDD Feed Site Request (fwd)
>   Date:
>       Fri, 13 Oct 2000 12:59:19 -0400
>   From:
>       William Noon <address@hidden>
> [...]

Hmmm, is arnie a new machine or does it have a new name?  It looks like the
name isn't being mapped to the IP address correctly.  When I do an nslookup on
arnie.ldeo.columbia.edu the name server can't find it.  If it's a new machine,
the address may not have yet been propagated around the network.

To confirm this, contact Bill Noon at Cornell, send him your IP address (the
four part number that represents your machine, mine is 128.117.140.28) and ask
him to replace "arnie.ldeo.columbia.edu" with the IP address. Then give it a
try again.  Let me know what happens.

Anne
                                  Boulder, CO  80307