20001116: IDD delivery of Unidata-Wisconsin imagery for 11/10 - 11/13

>From: "Jennie L. Moody" <address@hidden>

Jennie,

re: LDM installation at UVa is old...

>Well, I guess it is time to try to upgrade the ldm.  Actually,
>I think its worse than 5.08 or 5.09, I believe I am running
>V5.05 of the ldm.  I have a readme file for a newer version that
>I pulled over when I was upgrading the ldm (and ldm-mcidas), but
>I guess I put off upgrading when I realized it wasn't imperative.

Anne and/or I can help with the installation/configuration.  Please
let us know when we should jump in.

>However, I do think there must be another problem, since
>I understood Arthur to say that they continued to receive all
>their other products, and I continued to receive these products
>from Arthur (text products, and I think model grids were coming
>in too, but I better go back and look at the archive).  It
>must be something else?

Yes, there must be a different problem.  Given that both you and
Art missed images from Friday through Sunday and motherlode got
all of them from SSEC, there must have been a problem on Art's
machine.  It then follows that if he didn't get them, you wouldn't
either.

Perhaps some combing throught the LDM logs from SSEC (unidata.ssec.wisc.edu)
is in order by us).  Either Anne or I will look into this.

Tom