letter of support from Unidata (fwd)

>To: <address@hidden>
>From: "Charles W. \(Jay\) Emerson" <address@hidden>
>Subject: LDM--Internet2

I'm forwarding this just to get it into the support archives, as a
response to the above ...

------- Forwarded Message

Date:    Wed, 29 Nov 2000 14:57:20 -0700
From:    Russ Rew <address@hidden>
To:      address@hidden
Subject: letter of support from Unidata

Hi Jay,

I'm having the appended letter printed on UCAR Office of Programs
stationery and faxed to you.  Let me know if this is not sufficient.

--Russ

  Charles W. (Jay) Emerson
  Assistant Professor
  Department of Geography
  Western Michigan University
  Kalamazoo, MI  49008-5053

  Dear Dr. Emerson,

  Thanks for your recent participation in the recent series of
  Unidata Training Workshops.  As a cooperating participant in
  the Unidata Program (managed by the University Corporation
  for Atmospheric and sponsored by the National Science
  Foundation), Western Michigan University could be an even
  more effective participant with Internet 2 connectivity and
  Unidata's application suite running on a robustly configured
  Unix workstation (e.g., a dual 800 Mhz PIII processor,
  configured with 100 GB of 10,000 rpm Ultra SCSI hard disk, 1
  GB of physical memory, and GB Ethernet connectivity) that
  would serve as a relay in Unidata's nationwide Internet Data
  Distribution (IDD) system and possibly as an ADDE and DODS
  data server to other Unidata participants.

  I offer this letter in support of your efforts in acquiring
  Internet-2 connectivity for your institution, and for
  procurement of a capable Unix workstation for use as an IDD
  relay node, data ingester, and data server for your
  university and the Unidata community at-large.

  Regards,

  Dr. Russell K. Rew
  Head, Unidata Development and Support Group

------- End of Forwarded Message