Re: [Fwd: Re: 20001201: LDM 5.1.2 build problem on FBSD 4.2]

Jim,

I'm cc you on this message in case you have any insights on the make
install problem below for a BSD machine.

The above line is the problem line, the make message designates that there
is a missing dependency operator.  My assumption is that the BSD make
doesn't like the format of the line.  Since we don't have a BSD available,
I would find out the format that the BSD make is expecting and then
correct the makefile accordingly. I would do a man on make and use some of
the dependencies flags, ie -d -dd -D -DD or other appropriate ones.  Also
check the cc dependencies flags.

An alternative would be to search the web for a different make for BSD.

Robb...