Re: 20001206: NOAAPORT at FNMOC

On Wed, 6 Dec 2000, Unidata Support wrote:

> Hi,
> We have just installed a NOAAPORT here at FNMOC. Can  you point me to
> the HOWTO's of making this data feed available to my LDM server?
> Thanks,
> Dave D

Dave,

It depends on the NOAAport hardware for the setup to get the products into
the LDM.  For a SSEC ingestor, one would add the following lines to the
ldmd.conf file.

exec    "pqing -f IDS|DDPLUS /tmp/jmb.fifo.1"
exec    "pqing -f HRS /tmp/jmb.fifo.2"

The jmb.fifo.1 files are FIFO type of files.

Here's also a message from our support archives about another system
using FIFO files.

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/cgi-bin/mfs/65/3895

I believe as long as you can get your NOAAport system to write to a FIFO
or a tty device then one can use a similar setup as above. Also, if you
want more details look at the man page for pqing at:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/cgi-bin/man-cgi?pqing+1

Robb...