Re: 20010122: LDM help

Unidata Support wrote:

> [...]

Hello Agustin,

Are you aware of our support archive at
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/glimpsedocs/ghldm.html?  This is a
repository of nearly all the questions we have answered.  Answers to
many common questions can be found there.   For example, if you went
there and entered "mkqueue failed" you would get some relevant answers
that might give you some ideas to try.

To address your question:

First, always check the log for relevant messages: 'ldmadmin log' will
do this.  Is there any further information there?

There are several reasons you might not be successful in building a
queue.  First, ensure that you have enough disk space for the queue.
The command 'df -k" will tell you about the disk space on all your
recently accessed mounted disks.  Bear in mind that the queue size will
be the size you requested plus some extra for housekeeping, e.g. a
100Mbyte queue on my machine is actually 101662720 bytes.

Also, the queue must be on a local disk, not a remotely mounted disk.

Or, you might not have permission to build the queue if the permissions
aren't set properly.  You should build the queue as user 'ldm' and the
directory in which you are building the queue should be owned and
writable by user ldm.

Did you get a binary distribution or a source distribution?  If you got
a binary distribution, make sure that you got the right one.  Which
version are you trying to install?  I presume it's the latest - 5.1.3.

If none of these things are the answer, then try executing this from the
command line:
        pqcreate -v -s <yourProductQueueSize> -q <fullPathNameOfYourQueue>
This is the command the ldmadmin script is executing.  Executing it this
way may display more information about the problem.

Try these things and let me know what happens.

Anne
                                  Boulder, CO  80307