Re: FNEXRAD feed

Jeff Masters wrote:

> I don't know how to provide the FNEXRAD feed, my understanding was that
> someone was going to select a subset of the NNEXRAD data to be in the
> FNEXRAD data, but I was never clear on how this would happen and what
> software I would run to squeeze the NNEXRAD feed down to be the FNEXRAD
> feed. Anne, what do I do? Or am I not supposed to be feeding FNEXRAD to
> downstream sites?
>
> Thanks

Hi Jeff,

You don't have to generate the FNEXRAD feed - it's already done for
you.  You should simply request FNEXRAD from motherlode.ucar.edu.  Then,
be sure to add that feed to the 'allow's for your downstream sites so
they can get it too.

(If you want more info on this see
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/ldm/receivingRadar.html.)

FYI, at this point in time FNEXRAD is only generated on motherlode.
Since it's only a small amount of data, we think this is an ok
distribution mechanism, although it is a single point of failure.  The
alternative is to run the software to generate the FNEXRAD data at all
the ingest sites.  We are considering if and when we need to spend the
effort to do this, so things might change in the future.

David, will you please let me know when you are receiving this feed?
Thanks!

Anne
                                  Boulder, CO  80307