Re: Data outage

"Eric W. Ribble" wrote:

> Alrighty...  I added the line
>
> allow   WSI "*\.wsicorp\.com"     (using tabs)
>
> Should I take all the other allow lines out as well as the accept lines
> Charlie told me to add?
>
> --
> Eric W. Ribble
> Purdue University
> Mesoscale Convection and Tornado Research Group (MCT)
> address@hidden
> http://www.eas.purdue.edu/~eribble

Hold on... I screwed up.  Please reconsider what I said earlier and
replace 'allow' with 'request' - you are *requesting* data from WSI, not
allowing them to connect to you to be fed.  So, instead replace the
'allow' in the line above with 'request'.  I'm sorry, I apologize for
the confusion.

You can take out the other WSI request lines.  However, leaving them in
won't matter since the LDM will group them all into requests for a
single rpc.ldmd process.

Regarding the accept lines,  I understand that at one time the accept
lines were required.   If WSI is running current software then the
accept lines should not be needed.  However, you might leave them in,
simply from the perspective of keeping that part constant and only
changing the request line.  Then, if the request line works you can try
removing the accept line to see if it makes a difference.

Anne

-
                                  Boulder, CO  80307