Re: sa01 looks OK now.

Teresa Van Hove wrote:
Victoria,

ok -requesting just sa01* files did the trick.  ldm fetched them over and at first
glance everything looks fine.  I don't want to have to request data this way
though - so there needs to be cleaning up of old files from the ldm.pq before ldm
is started for suominet installations.  I'm asking Anne Wilson from Unidata the
best way to do this.

Anne, would pqcreate -c be the way to do this? or is there a way to just remove
old files from an ldm.pq w/o having to clobber the old ldm.pq file.  (this may not
be a problem, I think the suominet field computers are just using default values
for queue size, etc - Karl?  )

(History - I was not seeing sa01 files from the newest suominet field cpu being
tested even though they were in the field cpu's ldm.pq file.  I though mabye my
ldm was fetching everything from the field cpu's queue which had a lot of older
data in it as well as the new files I was looking for; so I changed my ldmd.conf
file to request only the new data instead of all GPSSRC data and after that I did
immediately see the new files)

Teresa

Hi Teresa,

I'm not sure I understand your problem.  Do you always have old products that you want to remove from the queue, or just this once?  To remove the queue, stop the ldm, then do 'ldmadmin delqueue'.  Then, do 'ldmadmin mkqueue' to make a new one.  Then restart the ldm.

Those are the easy ways - 'ldmadmin mkqueue' calls pqcreate with default values.   You can always use pqcreate yourself with whatever arguments you need in order to tailor things more specifically.   pqcreate -c would be just fine.   Removing the queue is simply a matter of doing an 'rm' on the queue.

If you regularly need to remove old products from the queue, that's a different story.  In that case you can run pqexpire like we used to do with earlier versions of the ldm.  You can delete specific products from the queue with that.  See the man page for more info.  With our current versions of the ldm in general we don't recommend having it run as a deamon as it is significant bottleneck, but if you have good reasons for doing so, by all means do it.

FYI, I will out of the office for a while due to an injury.  If this doesn't answer your question send another question to support@unidata, and someone else will help you.  But, I do hope this helps.

Anne

Anne Wilson                     UCAR Unidata Program
address@hidden                  P.O. Box 3000
                                  Boulder, CO  80307
Unidata WWW server       http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/