20010416: Data feed to UCR

>From: =?X-UNKNOWN?Q?Jimmy_Mejia_Fern=E1ndez?= <address@hidden>

Jimmy,

>Well, after a couple of days working I still can not get MCIDAS Area Files
>or Gempak GRIB files, I really do not know what I am doing wrong but all
>what I receive is *.wmo files, the request line in ldmd.conf is:
>
>request UNIDATA ".*"    thelma.unidata.ucar.edu

Can you send us your pqact.conf entries for MCIDAS images?

Also, what is the machine you are trying to ingest data on?  You can
use the LDM notifyme command to see if you are receiving the data.
For instance, if the machine you are running your LDM on is named
nemesis.efis.ucr.ac.cr, then you should run notifyme as the user 'ldm'
as follows:

notifyme -vxl- -f MCIDAS -o 3600 -h nemesis.efis.ucr.ac.cr

This will tell you if you are getting the PNG-compressed image files
from thelma.ucar.edu.  If you are getting the images, then the problem
must be with your decoding option.  We will get to that after you
send us your pqact.conf actions for the images.

>By the way, I upgraded the MCIDAS program to mcidas-7.7 and the ldm-mcidas
>decoders.

OK.

>I did a conscious reading of the ldm manual but or I do not understood
>(posibly but I do not think so) or I am skipping something that is
>fundamental for to have this running.
>
>Can somebody help me with this please?

We need the pqact.conf information and the results of the notifyme to
your LDM machine.

>more or less in the point of to be desperate with this ...:)

Don't get desperate... yet :-)

Tom