20010419: LDM installation at CCNY (cont.)

>From:  Robb Kambic <address@hidden>

Robb,

Robb,

>Anne asked if I would look at halo in her absence.  Here's what I found
>last week:
>
>- CCNY is running an older version of the LDM, before the new queue
>structure.
>
>- The machine hangs because it is trying to receive "too" much data with
>the current configuration.
>
>- Actual abnormal LDM exits occurred when:
>
>       -  pqexpire is running and pbuf_flush messages are being emitted
>               ( there must be some contention when pqexpire is trying to
>               delete products and pqact is writing products, could it
>               possibly be the same product? )
>
>       - pbuf_flush messages and RE-CLASS messages are being emitted.
>               ( contention between pqact and the receiver process)
>
>These are speculations of course, but if halo could run the new version of
>the LDM, then the first action would be eliminated and possibly the second
>one too.

It sounds like CCNY could really use an LDM upgrade.  Anne promised Ward
that we would do this.  Perhaps now is the time?  It would be best if this
was done at the end of the day (5 pm for us is 7 pm for them; plus once
the queue is remade, they will get all of the previous hour's data, etc.)
I have the access information...

>This was the information was derived from the logs, I thought I saved the
>actual logs but I didn't. The only log information is short excert from
>after a RE-CLASS message where the LDM exits, I'll attach it.

OK.