Re: 20010421: Thoughts on LDM reclasses

Tom and Anne,

In general, I think the reclass should happen once when the allow
is a subset of the request. However, each time an old product is received
(and we saw that uml's clock was 3 minutes off) it has to reclass
again, and then renegotiate. But, now we have an added problem-
in that 2 computers are calling UNIDATA something different.

Since the reorganization of feedtypes occurred in 5.0.10
(To add the NEXRAD and other feedtypes at the same time NPS was taken out
of the unidata bit mask), we probably need to urge everyone to upgrade to
at least that release to eliminate the potential problems in the feedtypes.
Of course, the queue rework in 5.1.x is much better, so I would hope
that all sites would upgrade to the latest release.

Thanks for helping us track this down!

Chiz