Re: 20010425: New LDM at University of Iowa

Unidata Support wrote:

> [...]

Hi Brian,

We support Redhat Linux.  That means, that's the OS that we test with,
but the LDM often runs on other platforms that we do not test.  For
example, it has been running succesfully on some Debian platforms.

The binary distributions we build are tagged according to the kernal
version.  Thus, if you ftp to our site, and cd to pub/binary, you'll see
a directory called linux_2.2.5-i686, which holds our most recent
distributions.  From there, you'd want to get ldm-5.1.2.tar.Z.

Or, you can get a source code distribution from the ftp site, under
pub/ldm5.  In that case you might as well get the most recent version,
ldm-5.1.3.tar.Z.  (We didn't make binary distributions for this version
as the changes were minor.)

FYI, instructions for setting up your machine and installing the
software are available at
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/ldm/index.html

Your hardware sounds fine.  How much RAM do you have?  You could get by
with 128Mb, but 256Mb is better.

Anne
address@hidden                  P.O. Box 3000
                                  Boulder, CO  80307