Re: LDM

Edward Hindman wrote:

> On Wed, 25 Apr 2001, anne wrote:
>
> > Ward,
> >
> > The LDM is actually running now.  I did not start it.  According to the
> > logs it terminated at 12:38Z and was restarted just a few minutes later
> > at 12:41Z today.  And, the old log is there (ldmd.log.1), which is the
> > one that I want to see - good news.  (Did you look in ~ldm/logs?)
>
> I have in my notes from a 2 April phonecon with you to "cd /opt/ldm/bin"
> then "cd logs" to look for the ldmd.log you wanted me to save.  Is this
> the right path?.

Hi Ward,

No, the path to the logs is /opt/ldm/logs.

> > Looking in that log, I don't see anything particularly unusual occurring
> > around 4 - 5Z.  Like I said above, the LDM was running until 12:30Z
> > today.  What makes you think that the LDM went down at that time?  And,
> > was the downtime at 12:30Z due to your reboot?
>
> The reason I thought the LDM went down at about 04Z is that 04Z was the
> latest IR image I had this morning at 12Z.  We receive images every hour,
> an 8-hour gap is unusual.  And,  yes, 12:30Z is when I rebooted Halo.
>
> I now see a gap in the IR images between 04Z today and 18Z today.  It
> must be the Wisconsin channel "died" for 14 hours and did not send my LDM
> any data.  So, I may have cried "wolf".

That sounds like a likely explanation.

> Sincerly,
>
> Ward Hindman
> CCNY

Just for your information, we will be announcing our annual workshops
soon.  Perhaps you or a student would like to attend the LDM workshop.
I'll be teaching that one in between the GEMPAK and the MCIDAS
workshop.  The LDM workshop is August 2-4.  It would be a pleasure to
meet you.

By the way, I was very interested to hear about your times in Nepal.
After traveling in Western China last year, that area has really
captured my interest.  What an opportunity for you to get to spend some
time there!

Please let me know if I can help you further.

Anne
address@hidden                  P.O. Box 3000
                                  Boulder, CO  80307