Re: 20010426: HELP Gilbert

Unidata Support wrote:

> [...]

Hi Gilbert,

Dang - that sounds unpleasant!

> weather3.admin.niu.edu hasn't crashed yet, but it is not saving quite as
> much as weather is. The only thing I can figure out are two things:
>
> 1. something is wrong with the LDM (I haven't recompiled it, I compiled it
> under Redhat Linux 6.2 and am still using it now under 7.1), or

I would definately try recompilation due to the change in the kernel.
Did you make a new queue?  If not, that would be worth trying.  We do
have the LDM running on sites with version 7.0.

> 2. My cheap NEXRAD clean script, which just basically does a rm -r at 3:45
> AM every day to my 88d directory, is causing problems that show up almost
> exactly 12 hours later.
>
> No security breaches are evident. Yet, although I am not sure, it might
> have crashed at almost the same time or the same time as it did yesterday.
> I only have a WXP metar conversion at 3 PM, if I recall here, that I do
> out of cron at 3 PM. And, this didn't happen until I got RH 7.1 installed.
>
> Any ideas greatly welcomed...yes, all 7.1 patches are on. I will be
> unavailable until 10 PM tonight, but if you have any ideas, suggestions,
> criticisms, etc, drop me an email. And oh yeah, feel free to log in. Anne,
> I believe, has my ldm password. So does Tom Y.

I logged in and looked around on weather.  The only mildly suspicious
thing I saw in the log was a connect just before the last crash from
weather3 for UNIDATA and MCIDAS feeds at Apr 26 19:58:29.  It might be
interesting to see what weather3's log says at that time.  But, I see an
identical connection occuring on Apr 27 that has apparently caused no
problems...

I would try recompiling the ldm and building a new queue, an easy test
to make.  Let me know what happens.

Anne

> Internet: address@hidden    (My opinions only!)                     ******
> E-mail: address@hidden                                 ***
> Work phone: 815-753-5492                                                *
>
> ------- End of Forwarded Message

address@hidden                  P.O. Box 3000
                                  Boulder, CO  80307