Re: 20010509: Load shared libraries error

Unidata Support wrote:

> [...]

Hi Celia,

I have a bit of experience with nexradII_bz as I've been gathering and
decompressing the level II data.

First, in order to use the lzo compression option you need to have
liblzo.so on your machine.  I do not have that library on my machine,
but I just commented out that part of the code because the data was
compressed with bzip2, not lzo.  If in the future they switch to the lzo
compression then I'll have to uncomment that portion of the code and go
get the library.  But, from everything I've heard they're pretty happy
with the bzip2 compression.  (Indeed, they say it's done as well or
better than the "tailored" compression algorithms that people have been
researching.)

I rebuilt nexradII_bz a while ago and encountered a similar problem plus
one other on my Redhat 7.0 machine.  Is this your potato machine or is
it another Linux?  If it's not Redhat, I don't know whether the
following comments will apply or not.

First, the compiler couldn't find libbz2.so.  I don't know why - it
looks like the location of the library has not changed.  Anyway, I
needed to add another library to 'CC' line in the Makefile.  So:

$(CC) -o nexradII_bz nexradII_bz.o getbuf.o -L/usr/local/ldm/lib -lldm
-lbz2 -lz -llzo

became:

$(CC) -o nexradII_bz nexradII_bz.o getbuf.o  -L/usr/lib
-L/usr/local/ldm/lib -lldm -lbz2 -lz -llzo

because on my machine libbz2 is in /usr/lib.

Then, the code still wouldn't compile because the name of the library
routines had changed.  (Odd.)  In particular, the routine
bzBuffToBuffDecompress became BZ2_bzBuffToBuffDecompress.  So I changed
the call in the code to the new name.

Hope this helps.

I hear you're leaving on an exotic trip!  Have a good time!  We'll look
after iita and thelma.

Anne
address@hidden                  P.O. Box 3000
                                  Boulder, CO  80307