20010611: problem ingesting Unidata-Wisconsin images at UCR (cont.)

>From: =?X-UNKNOWN?Q?Jimmy_Mejia_Fern=E1ndez?= <address@hidden>

Jimmy,

re: try increasing the rpc timeout to 180 seconds by modifying ldmadmin
>Done.

OK.  This will be interesting.  It may be the case that you will need to
back out of this once you have reduced your data requests to a minimum.

re: reducing the number of products in the ldmd.conf request

>You right, we do not need all that products, in fact the next step that I
>was thinking to do (once that all work properly) was to cutt off all the
>products that we do not need, but now with your help I can get this done.

I am glad that you agree with this.

>I will follow your recomendation about this, for now I will not get more
>products difrent than the MCIDAS products.

OK, this will really help test out the idea of cutting down data requests.

re: change MCIDAS request to:
request MCIDAS  "^pnga2area Q1 U[IVWXY]"      motherlode.ucar.edu

>This information is gold for me,  I was searching in the ldm users guide
>but there is not very much about this there. The info that comes with
>that guide sometimes is, in the practice, useles (at least in my own
>opinion).

Since the regular expression is product-specific, it really doesn't
belong in the LDM User's Guide (the LDM can be used to move whatever
data anyone wants, so we can't know what the product headers will look
like).  The documentation I sent along was in the ldm-mcidas email
archives.  I sent this information out to the ldm-users, mcidas-x, and
gembud email lists several times after changing the compression of the
Unidata-Wisconsin datastream images to PNG.

re: cutting down on the HRS requests
>Here I have a question, in my ldmd.conf file I have the line:
>
>request HDS|IDS|DDPLUS       ".*"    motherlode.ucar.edu
>
>How I most to change that line in order of, for example, to get the
>
>MRF:
>#Grid #201 N. Hemisphere 381km: ^Y.A... KWBH
># Grid #202 CONUS         190km: ^Y.I... KWBH
>
>and the AVN:
>
>Grid #201 N. Hemisphere 381km: ^Y.A... KWBC.*(/mAVN|/mSSIAVN)
>
>files?
>
>Like this??
>
>request HDS|IDS|DDPLUS "^Y.A... KWBH"    motherlode.ucar.edu
>request HDS|IDS|DDPLUS "^Y.I... KWBHB"    motherlode.ucar.edu
>request HDS|IDS|DDPLUS "^Y.A... KWBC.*(/mAVN|/mSSIAVN)"   motherlode.ucar.edu

No.  What I would do first is separate the request for HDS from the
requests for IDS and DDPLUS:

request MCIDAS  "^pnga2area Q1 U[IVWXY]"      motherlode.ucar.edu
request IDS|DDPLUS ".*"    motherlode.ucar.edu

Here is where I may not be the appropriate person to advise you on how
to make the HDS request. I think your request lines are OK if you remove
the IDS and DDPLUS feeds:

request HDS "^Y.A... KWBH"    motherlode.ucar.edu
request HDS "^Y.I... KWBHB"    motherlode.ucar.edu
request HDS "^Y.A... KWBC.*(/mAVN|/mSSIAVN)"   motherlode.ucar.edu

I may be incorrect on this one, but let's give it a shot and see.

The full set of requests would then look like:

request MCIDAS  "^pnga2area Q1 U[IVWXY]"      motherlode.ucar.edu
request IDS|DDPLUS ".*"    motherlode.ucar.edu
request HDS "^Y.A... KWBH"    motherlode.ucar.edu
request HDS "^Y.I... KWBHB"    motherlode.ucar.edu
request HDS "^Y.A... KWBC.*(/mAVN|/mSSIAVN)"   motherlode.ucar.edu

re: you probably don't need most of the grids you are requesting
>That is 100% right and I would like to filter better what products I
>really need, I mean I know what I need but I am not sure how to choose
>it, may be if you help me a little bit more with the example that I asked
>before.

>Tom, like always you are right in your sopisitions, your help is very
>invaluable for me, you in UNIDATA are a very good team, Thank You very
>much to all of you, Steve, Anne, You, etc, for all the help.

Thank you for the compliment.

>For this day I will let the ldmd.conf ingesting just the products that you
>pointed in your above example line, we will see if I can get something
>diferent than just one area file...

Excellent.  I will be very interested to hear the results.

>I also made the change to the ldmadmin script.

Good.  Again, you may need to back out of this if/when the reduced data
request help significantly.

>Thank You, again.

Talk to you soon...

Tom