Re: Problems at UPRM (fwd)

Jeff Weber wrote:

> Anne and Tom,
>
> I believe you two can help Luis better than I...
>
> -Jeff

Hi Luis,

I think you're making sense.  You had to rebuild your LDM from scratch,
and now McIDAS on another machine isn't displaying anything.  I will
help you with your LDM, that is, getting and decoding the data.  Tom is
our McIDAS expert - he can help you with the ADDE server and displaying
the data.

First, to confirm that that you're getting data into your product queue,
try 'pqcat -vl - > /dev/null'.  This will show you the products you've
got in your queue.  You should be getting all the products that you
requested in your ldmd.conf file.   Of course, this depends on when
products are distributed.  Most sites keep at least an hour's worth of
data in the queue.  To see the age of the oldest product in your queue,
do 'pqmon'.  The final field, called 'age', is the age in seconds of the
oldest product.

Regarding decoding the products, a good way to verify that decoding is
successful is to see that files appear in the directories you specified
as arguments to the decoders in pqact.conf.  Please send me a copy of
your pqact.conf file so I can see what you're trying to do.  You might
also check to see if there are any decoders running currently.  Try
'ldmadmin ps' to see what ldm processes are running.

Scour will indeed give you a message if it goes to scour something
that's not there.  But, there are several reasons why that might occur.
Scour is configured with the file scour.conf.  Did you modify that file,
or are there entries in it that came with the distribution that don't
apply to your site?  Or, perhaps you requested data that hadn't arrived
before you ran scour.   Or maybe you're right, it's not being decoded
properly.  Can you rule out any of these possibilities?  Send me a copy
of your scour.conf file if you have questions about this.

Anne
                                  Boulder, CO  80307