Re: [Re: 20010622: Solaris 8 problems]

"Bryan G. White" wrote:

> Anne,
>
> I'm back from my stomach flu and kitchen remodel..... I know there
> are some jokes in there someplace.
>
> I found the librpcsoc.so files and put them on.  Rebuilt ldm.  Still
> having same problem.  It's worse now... I'm not getting any log files.
> ldmd.log isn't being updated, but the *.stats files are.
>
> Any suggestions on where to start looking?
>
> also... fyi
> I, updated my Sun OS via jumpstart and not from cd's.
> I used:  cluster SUNWCXall
> as my base install.  I used it for Solaris 7 and it installed the ucblib
> stuff, but not in Solaris 8.
>
> Bryan

Hi Bryan,

When you rebuilt did you rerun 'configure'?  And, where did you get the
librpcsoc.so file?

This is too vague for me to diagnose well.  May I log on to your machine
and look around?  If this is ok with you, I'll need the ldm login.
You'll need to send me the relevant info in a clever way to avoid
sniffers, perhaps in a second message.

Anne
                                  Boulder, CO  80307