20010717: allow for atmos.uprm.edu for NNEXRAD needed (cont.)

>From: "B. Cottrill" <address@hidden>

>From address@hidden Tue Jul 17 13:58:40 2001

>I am going to try the IP address instead of the name this time I'll
>let you know when I have started LDM back again.

BC

>Was called away...
>How about this time.
>
>Do they have data?

Yes, they now have all of the data being requested, and notifymes for NNEXRAD
to pluto from atmos.uprm.edu work!

To recap, UPRM did not have a problem requesting MCIDAS, DDPLUS, IDS, HDS,
or FSL2 data.  They were, however, unable to request the NNEXRAD data.

For reference, the requests that they are making look like:

request DDPLUS|IDS|MCIDAS        ".*"   pluto.met.fsu.edu
request NLDN    ".*"    striker.atmos.albany.edu
request NNEXRAD "/p...(JUA)"    pluto.met.fsu.edu

As you can see, they are only requesting the San Juan (JUA) Nexrad
in the NNEXRAD feed.

The list of feeds being requested will increase as I help them get HDS
data relevant to Puerto Rico ingested/decoded.

Many thanks for the help!

Tom

>From address@hidden Tue Jul 17 16:48:55 2001
>Subject: Re: 20010717: allow for atmos.uprm.edu for NNEXRAD needed (cont.)

Yahoo!!

I knew it could be done.
We also need to increase our NEXRAD sites but we have to take care of some
storage problems first.

I will speak with our ne sysadmin and get this done ASAP.

Thanks
BC

Bill Cottrill                   |     Anything you do is worth doing
Weather Station Manager         |     well. If you do your best, 99%
Coordinator Academic Programs   |     of the time you will perform
Department of Meteorology       |     beyond the expectation. Chances
Florida State University        |     are if you even attempt the
Phone:  (850) 644-8581          |     task you will perform beyond
Fax:    (850) 644-9642          |     the expectation these days.