20010725: NEXRAD feed peculiarity

>From:  Anne Wilson <address@hidden>

Anne,

>Something just happened that sounds like what you were experiencing with
>Puerto Rico and ... somewhere else...
>
>Jeff Masters' machine, ingestor, at weather underground went south.  So
>I agreed to feed his other machine, frost, the NEXRAD data from
>motherlode.  I put in an *addtional* allow line for him to get that
>feed.  But, apparently motherlode reclassed it to ignore the NNEXRAD
>request.

Interesting.

>So, I took out the additional allow line and instead added
>NEXRAD to the original entry that allowed him to get other stuff:
>
>allow   NEXRAD|WMO|DIFAX|NMC3
>^(sleet|frost|ingestor)\.wunderground\.com$
>#allow  NEXRAD          frost\.wunderground\.com$
>
>Now I think he's getting it based on motherlode's log:
>
>Jul 25 18:01:03 motherlode.ucar.edu frost[6622]: Connection from
>frost.wunderground.com
>Jul 25 18:01:03 motherlode.ucar.edu frost(feed)[6622]: Starting Up:
>20010725175843.565 TS_ENDT {{NNEXRAD|NMC3|WMO,  ".*"}}
>Jul 25 18:01:04 motherlode.ucar.edu frost(feed)[6622]: topo:
>frost.wunderground.com NNEXRAD|NMC3|WMO

Hmm...

>Isn't this what you found???

Exactly what I found is a little in doubt.  Reports from Bill Cottrill
of FSU indicated that he did have two allow lines for UPRM in his ldmd.conf
file.  He said, however, that the NNEXRAD feeding to UPRM did not work
until he changed the single allow line to use UPRM's IP address.  Since
I never saw his ldmd.conf file, I have to rely on Bill's reports about
its contents.

>I still think this may not be NEXRAD
>specific...  Maybe it's bug in how the ldm groups allows...

That would make sense.  It seems like something to look into once the
workshops are over.