Re: Big LDM queue now on Linux

Daryl,

>       My attempts at a 6, 5, and 4 g queue are not working.  I am
> getting this error when trying to start rpc.ldmd.
>
> Aug 07 19:43:41 pircsl4 rpc.ldmd[8720]: Starting Up (built: Aug  7 2001
> 14:13:29)
> Aug 07 19:47:22 pircsl4 rpc.ldmd[8720]: assertion "pq->rlp->nalloc ==
> pq->nalloc && pq->tqp-
> >nalloc == pq->nalloc && pq->sxp->nalloc == pq->nalloc" failed: file
> "pq.c", line 3898
>

>       So I am back to generating a 3 g queue which worked a bit ago.
> You can connect in now, but I don't have the queue file filled yet.  Any
> ideas about the above error.  My machine has 1 GB memory and 1 GB swap...

You're the first one to attempt to test this big queue code on IRIX,
so you are apparently the first to have run into this bug (and there
may be others).  We built a 10Gbyte queue on a Solaris system and
began ingesting products into it, but that's about the limit of
testing we have done on the big queue code.

However, I'm interested in debugging the above problem.  As a result
of your problem report, I just got a login on the dataproc.ucar.edu
machine, which is an IRIX64 platform with about 160 Gbytes of free
disk space in /tmp, so it should be adequate to debugging this
problem.

Thanks for the bug report, and I'll let you know if I can fix it.
Until then, I guess you'll have to get by with smaller queues.  I
would think that if 3 Gbytes works, then something a bit less than 4
GBytes should also work ...

--Russ