20010824: ldm nexrad

>From: Mike Trexler <address@hidden>

Mike,

>I'm trying to set up our ldm to get the nexrad data from noaaport.
>I was sucessful in getting the floater feed up and running with no
>problem, but I can't seem to get the nexrad feed from for specific
>sites to work.

OK.

>When I try to  do a notifyme for the products at
>my upstream site here's what I get...
>
>[69]ldm on meaculpa-> notifyme -v -l- -h flood.atmos.uiuc.edu -f NEXRAD
>-o 3600
>Bad feedtype "NEXRAD", unknown feed name in feedtype expression

I just ran the exact same command from a machine here at Unidata
and saw no problems.

>So I thought that maybe it needed NNEXRAD, but I still got the same
>error with that.

The "Bad feedtype ..." message is telling us that your version of the
LDM is old enough to not understand the names NNEXRAD/NEXRAD for the
NEXRAD feed.  I a suprised by this, however, since you seem to indicate
that your machine does understand FNEXRAD.

Try F27 in your notifyme invocation.  If this works, it means that your
LDM installation is old enough to not understand NEXRAD or NNEXRAD.

The list of feed types and alternate names can be found in:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/ldm/feedtypes/index.html

If using F27 does not work, your problem could be some sort of a
versionitis problem between your machine and the upstream feeder.  What
platform are you running your LDM on?

>Also, my ldm won't start up with the following entry in my
>ldmd.conf...
>
>request                NEXRAD          "/p...(RAX|GSP)"
>flood.atmos.uiuc.edu
>
>Again, I changed it to NNEXRAD to make sure.  What am I missing?

The reason your LDM won't start is the same as indicated by the notifyme
command above.

Please let me know the results of running notifyme with the F27 feed type.
Also, please send along which version of the LDM you are running and what
platform you are running it on.

Tom Yoksas