Re: AFIT

Sitler Jeffrey L Civ AFIT/ENP wrote:

> Anne,
> Yes LDM has kinda taken a backseat here.
> We still aren't getting data, but supposedly the port was open.
> I was curious if you guys were able to get into us here.
> It has been a bit... I am going over my notes trying to make sure everything
> is
> good to go.
> I figured if you could ping in and out it would tell us here that we are
> good and
> things are working fine.
> Thank you
> Jeff

Hi Jeff,

I can't contact your machine from here - the name isn't being resolved
properly:

(anne) imogene:/home/anne 20 % ping fujita.afit.edu
ping: unknown host fujita.afit.edu

(anne) imogene:/home/anne 21 % nslookup fujita.afit.edu
Note:  nslookup is deprecated and may be removed from future releases.
Consider using the `dig' or `host' programs instead.  Run nslookup with
the `-sil[ent]' option to prevent this message from appearing.
Server:         128.117.140.62
Address:        128.117.140.62#53

** server can't find fujita.afit.edu.: NXDOMAIN

What is your IP address?

If we can get this addressing issue resolved, and there is a way for me
to actually log in to your machine, I would be happy to log in and look
around if you would like me to.

Anne
                                  Boulder, CO  80307