Re: motherlode slowness

Daryl Herzmann wrote:

> Hi!
>         I was looking at the archives this morning and noticed people
> wondering about motherlode yesterday.  Well, I was one of those too!  You
> answered both emails by saying that Abilene was slow.
>
>         I executed the command notifyme -v -l - -h motherlode.ucar.edu
> three times yesterday and all three times indicated that data was slow
> (~ 40 minutes old) on motherlode.  I am curious about my interpretation
> about the results from notifyme?  I thought that notifyme indicated when
> products hit the queue on the specified host.
>
>         The first latencies hit here at 19Z, I am not sure when they went
> away, since I failed over to an internal feed after two hours of 1hr
> latencies.  I am back feeding from motherlode this morning...
>
> Thanks!
>         Daryl
>
> --
> /**
>  * Daryl Herzmann (address@hidden)
>  * Program Assistant -- Iowa Environmental Mesonet
>  * http://mesonet.agron.iastate.edu
>  */

Hi Daryl,

We're still looking into this.  Yes, notifyme without the -o option is a
good way to determine the latencies on a remote machine, so your
interpretation is correct.

However, when I was sampling motherlode yesterday afternoon, about 19Z -
20Z, everything was on time.  And, I'm not seeing any problems in the
stats files.  At what times did you take your samples?

If I find out anything else I'll let you know.

Anne

                                  Boulder, CO  80307