Re: 20011004: stcloudstate reclass

Hi Alan,

I apologize for not getting back to you sooner.

"Anderson, Alan C." wrote:

> Anne
>
> Thanks for your attention to our situation.   The connectivity
> problem within our campus does not suprise me, although I think
> it may be fairly recent.  One complicating  factor is that all of our
> system people on campus are currently on strike, so I cannot check
> with them to confirm any of the details.
>
> I would like to set the latency period to a longer value, and
> am open to your suggestions (  1.5 hr ?  2.0 hr ? )  you are
> welcome to change it but give me some comments about where in
> the docs. I can find the directions to do it also.

I have made the change so that your ldm will accept products that are 90
minutes old.  If you look at ~ldm/bin/ldmadmin and search on "Anne"
you'll see a comment that I made followed by a change to one line in the
script.  I also stopped and restarted your ldm so that the change is now
in effect.  Hopefully this will reduce the number of products that are
"skipped". I will keep an eye on this for a day or so.

> As to the ldm , I know we are on an older version,  5.0 I
> think.  I believe Tom Y has updated at least some if not all of
> the decoders, but we do need to update to the current version.
> Due to some other limitations in our department at this time, I
> do want to wait a bit longer,  say till after the first of the
> year.   I have a colleague out on medical leave (car accident- please
> wear your seat belt) who will be returning by the end of the
> semester so I am kind of swamped.  Also, After Jan 1,  I will not be
> teaching, (as in RETIRED).  I do have a part time appointment and I
> can concentrate on doing system upgrades.
> Finally, except for the
> connectivity issue, things work, so we can still operate.

I always wear my seat belt! but thank you for the reinforcement.  And,
being RETIRED sounds rather APPEALING.

If I find myself with some free time, would you like me to upgrade your
machine?

> Let me know about the latency setting, and if the above plan can
> work .
>
> Once again you have provided an excellent example of the kind of
> service Unidata has always provided.   Greet Tom, Don and others
> for me.

Thank you for nice complement!  And, again, I'm sorry not to respond
more quickly to our last exchange.  I'll send your regards to the
others.

> Thanks
>
> Alan

                                  Boulder, CO  80307